Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Sweet Stop Sketch 121/ Blog Candy Winners!!

I first want to apologize for missing last weeks sketch at The Sweet Stop.  I was having a loss of mojo or creativity and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't complete a card that I was happy with.  I took a couple days break and jumped back in and got my cards done for this week and am feeling a bit better.  Actually I have to say I kind of love my card this week but more about that in just a minute.
Thank you to all that entered my Blog Candy.  I am trying to make my way to all of my new followers blogs so please be patient with me my computer time has been so limited lately but I can't wait to meet new friends in blog land.  Now for the winners the Blog Candy Goes to Edel and the $25.00 Gift Certificate to All That Scraps goes to sparklingblackrose (Elaine). Congrats, please email me your information so I can get those things out to you.
 And now my card for this weeks The Sweet Stop Sketch SSS121.
Isn't this just the cutest stamp?  I love it and it is brand new by Elisabeth Bell Called Secret Garden Peeker and it is available at Susana's Custom Art & Card Design.  I had to splurge and get this entire collection.  I colored her with Copics and added a few doodles of rocks and grass along with clouds that I  sponged with my favorite sky color Twilight from CTMH....hummm I wonder if I like because of the name?:)  I did a little bit of paper piecing on her shoes and belt and distressed all of the edges.  The ribbon was actually all cream but I colored the center part with B95.  The flower was created using the Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge on my Cricuit.  I cut them out on cream paper and then sketched the flower centers and edges with B95/B93 and colored the pearl with YG63.  The swirls are 2 different dies from Sizzix.  The sentiment is from C.C. Designs HERE and I think that is about it.
 
Copics
Clothes-B95, B93, B91/YG67, G94 Hair-E35, E31, E50 Fence- E44, E43, E42 Grass/Ground-YG91, YG93, YG63, E40/GG13
Challenges
 As always The Sugar Babies have some fabulous cards to get you started on the sketch so please stop by and visit them.
The Sugar Babies
I hope you enjoy your week and I will be seeing you soon!!
Signature2011

27 comments:

nicolet said...

This card is gorgeous, I love the details you have used.
Happy weekend!
Hugs Nicolet

Alex said...

The little girl is adorable, beautiful image and the flower is beautiful too. What a stunning card.
Congratulations to the blog candy winners :).
Alex x

Sylvia x said...

absolutely fantastic card and perfect for the challenge over at creative craft challenges.

Sylvia x

Shannon White said...

Wowzers Miss Shelby, this is soo Gorgeous! Love your Adorable image and Fabulous coloring! Fantastic layered flower too! I actually have that cartridge but have not tried it yet, so thanks so much for the inspiration! And it sure looks like your Mojo has returned full force! Yay! Missed you last week..So glad you are back. 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Shazza said...

what a gorgeous card x

Kim O'Connell said...

Your Mojo is back......and raging! This is gorgeous! Off to check out that store and this stamp......and others! ;)

Unknown said...

Adorable card Shelby, love the colours and the image is so sweet with that little girl peeking through. Hugs, Frea

Edel said...

Oh, I`m so happy!!!! :)
THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH,DEAR!!!!
hugs!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, so sweet Shelby. That image is adorable and I love the blue colors. The papers and swirls are perfect. :o)

Jennipher said...

I wondered where you were last week little Missy! I must say you have come back with a bang. Way to make a entrance with that card. I love everything about it...gorgeous coloring, shabby chic design, darling image!

Unknown said...

This card is just beautiful. I love the softness. You did a fantastic job on the hair and with your shadows! Thanks so much for playing with us at Color Me Creative! Hope to see you back for our next challenge!

Jenn

Cathymac said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous, Shelby! Love this Elisabeth Bell image and have had my eye on it for a while. You may have pushed me over the edge!

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

wonderful summer Card !!I love the sweet Image !! Thanks for joining in our Challenge.
hugs
tina46
EAC-DT

Janice M said...

Shelby this is Adorable!! Love the way you added those swirls and your coloring is amazing!

Renee V said...

Congrats to the winner! Love this adorable card, great choice of pp's and your coloring is gorgeous!!!

melsanford said...

Beautiful card! Love the distressed edges :-) Thankyou for joining us at Dream Valley! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

maxine said...

stunning card adorable image and perfect colouring, your mojo has returned
hugs maxine x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Michele Spera said...

Beautiful job on this adorable card! Love the flower with it:-) wonderful ! Thank you for joining us at Color Me Creative Copic Challenge:-)
Michele

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this card!! Your coloring is spectacular and I adore the papers and colors you used! That flower is fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon

Lori said...

Oh, this is just darling! So glad you linked up at Craft Us Crazy!

Brook said...

Wonderful card. I love how your flower turned out. Thanks for joining us at the CMC Copic Challenge.

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Hi Shelby!

Often it doesn`t take more than a couple of days to get in the creating game again, lol...lucky for us, course your card is absolutely gorgeous. That stamp is absolutely adorable. i actually have that same ribbon as you have used and i think it looks a bit dull. So to colour it is a fab idea. Thanks for sharing, hun. Love the colours you have used for this card too. Hugs...Mona

Carrie's Corner said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colors and your distressing. I especially liked the colored ribbon. I'll have to try that. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges.

Hugs
Carrie

Craftdee said...

Lovely card: gorgeous image, beautifully coloured and fab embellies hope Mrs Mojo is back to stay ;-) Dee

Patricia St Martin said...

LOve your card. Also love the Peekers. Thanks for joining us at Color Me Creative. I love seeing your creations. Good luck on the challenge.
Hugz, Pat

Views From My Scraproom... said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card! You did a bang up job and congrats on becoming the guest designer for Color Me Creative.

Related Posts with Thumbnails