Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sweet Peeks and DT Announcement

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!! Today I have some exciting things to share with you.  I am now a member of the Sweet 'n Sassy Design Team, yippee!! I am so excited to be working with Korin and her wonderful stamps.  You can meet the rest of the talented  team HERE, so please stop by and say "hi".
All week the team is going to be sharing some "Sweet" Peeks with you highlighting the up coming May release at Sweet 'n Sassy. Today I am featuring one of the new May stamp sets called Shining Light.  I LOVE this set!! It is a must have for Father's Day and birthdays it is filled with great sentiments and endless possibilities.  I have wanted to do a "torn" card for so long and I found this great tutorial & example here .  It is very easy to do basically start  a hole in the middle of each layer and then rip the paper diagonally towards the corners and then fold them back.  I used hot glue to give a strong hold.
 Details
Stamps- Sweet 'n Sassy Shining Light
Paper- My Mind's Eye -29th Market Street  Playground Stripes and Lost & Found Union Square , The Paper Studio - Wood background(I don't know the name), Core'dinations
Copics- Light House BG75, BG72, BG70, E43,E42, E41, E47, E44 (for the ground I used a crazy mix of E markers)

Challenges
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge- #108 Pile It On ... 5 Layers of paper,4 brads, 2 cut out images:)
Craft Us Crazy- #6 Thinking of You /or Animals ( I went with ""thinking of you with this inspirational sentiment)
Please go visit the Sweet 'n Sassy Blog so you can see some more wonderful Sweet Peeks, there will be something new all week and I will have something else to share with you on Friday.

Signature Final

13 comments:

Korin said...

This is just gorgeous, Shelby!! I love the torn look! Fabulous!!

And welcome to the team :)!!! I am thrilled to have you joining us :).

Monika/Buzsy said...

This is so pretty Shelby. Love the torn opening. Such pretty colors and dimensions. :o)

DesertBuni said...

Oh Such a Beautiful Card! I love the colors. Thanks for the link to the tutorial, this is one I would love to try too!

1CardCreator said...

Congrats, love this card.

Mary Marsh said...

this is a great card shelby-love the torn look-its so right for this image and your wood bg is awesome-looking forward to working with you on the snss dt

Barbara said...

Love this manly card, Shelley. Your torn paper look fits this image just perfectly. Thanks for including the tutorial:) Thanks for joining us this week at Craft Your Passion for our current challenge:"Show up your layers." We hope the you will stop by again on Monday for our next challenge. Barbara GDT

~Jeri~ said...

Congrats on your DT position!! Your work is beautifully done and your coloring is awesome!!

Thanks for joining us at Craft Us Crazy and hope to see you joining us again!

corinne said...

very nice. thank you for joining us on craftyourpassion's challenge blog. Good luck !

Anonymous said...

The colours and technique suit the image perfectly.Fantastic man's card.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
Lisa x

Unknown said...

WOW!!! Love this card! I think the way you've torn the paper is really cool!

Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge.

Hugs ~ Tine

Danielle Richard said...

This card is sooo georgeous...Love the lighthouse...also love the layers and the torn look...it fits perfectly!! You definitely met the challenge of "Pile it On" at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge this week! Hope to see you take on another challenge soon!

Kym Weber said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Wonderful image and fabulous sentiment! Love the layout and the beautiful papers used.

Thanks for joining us at Craft Us Crazy. Hope you'll join us again.

Shirley said...

Wow, this is something I would like to try. I think it's stunning!

Related Posts with Thumbnails