Friday, August 20, 2010

Back to School Release Day at All That Scraps

It's Digi release day at All That Scraps and the theme is Back to School.  These images from C.C. Designs are the perfect way to make those special gifts for teachers or students.


For my project  I used Sugarplums School Emma Digi along with the Sugarplums Pencil Digi.  I decided to alter a composition notebook to give to my son's new teacher.  I started by drawing the apple for Emma to sit on and the "Class Notes" is computer generated.  I really think I need to get a Cricuit or Slice but I am so not sure which way to go or even if I would use it enough, any advice out there?



I used the Fiskars ribbon punch to weave the ribbon so that I could adhere it to the book and still have it lay flat.  The designer paper is from DCWV Grade School  Stack and all of the ribbon is from the local craft store, the images were colored with Copics.. 

Now head on over to the All That Scraps Blog to see all of the wonderful creations that my fellow design team members have to show you.

Since I am giving this as a gift I am going to enter my notebook in the Simon Says Stamp Challenge this week.

Have a wonderful weekend and I hope to see you again soon.

Signature Final

8 comments:

martina's kaartjes said...

Wow, like the ribbons !
Great card.
Have a great day,
greetings, Martina
x

Melissa Craig said...

Hi Shelby. Your composition book is adorable. I think you did a great job with the apple, so darn cute. CC Designs is one of my absolute favorite stamp companies and the new images are wonderful.

I also wanted to thank you for being the 300th follower on Tuesday Morning Sketches.

My Slice/Cricut opinion - go with Cricut. Its so much more versatile and a lot easier to use. I had a Slice for about a week and I sent it back. I love my Cricut - but it's true, I don't drag it out as often as I'd like.

Hugs,
Melissa

Mandi-Lee said...

Hi Shelby,
I love this little book! You have done such a great job with the cover! I wish all my school books had looked like this...perhaps I would have used them a little more!!!!
lol
m
xxx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I love those ribbons!!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Jodi said...

Adorable altered notebook! Love these cute back to school digi images!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Chelsea said...

Too adorable Shelby! These images are the cutest and your coloring is amazing.
Luv,
Chelsea

Unknown said...

Too cute! Makes me wish I was a teacher. You always amaze me at what you come up with,so creative.
Luv it!

Robbi K said...

adorable notebook! what an original teacher gift! too cute :) Robbi

Related Posts with Thumbnails