Monday, July 12, 2010

ATS Weekly Wednesday Challenge

Welcome to my first post. There will be a lot for me to learn and it will be a challenge to get a card posted without too many special marks from my little helpers. There are so many talented stampers out there who I have admired for the past year and I am so happy to start sharing my creations. Now I may be talking to myself for a while but with being home with three little ones all day, I don't think that is too crazy, right?

I have been stamping for about a year and half and I am by no means an expert but I love trying new things and love talking about all things crafty. So I hope you will check in with me often.


My card today is for the All That Scraps Weekly Wednesday Challenge. All That Scraps is one of my favorite places to buy stamps. They have the cutest stamps and I always get my orders so quickly, love them. That being said my current favorite stamps are the the new mermaid line they carry by Sweet November Stamps this one is called Pearl Tidepool & Seamoor I think she is so pretty.



I started by coloring her with my Copic markers and water colored the background with SU inks in Tempting Turquoise and Gable Green. I embossed her tail with Ranger Halographic Powder to try and enhance the look of scales.



Every mermaid needs some bling so I added Taylored Expressions Tiny Twinkles in her hair and used Stickels in Crystal to give her some shine. The card stock is SU black and the patterned paper is DCWV All Dressed Up.

Have a wonderful day and I hope to see you soon.

Signature Final

3 comments:

Allison said...

Beautiful card... I love the streak of colour in her hair. And no, talking to yourself is not too crazy...how else will you get a grow ups opinion on something during the day?!

Jennifer Moore said...

Gorgeous card. Love the shimmer you gave the mermaid.

Unknown said...

What a great talent you have. The cards just jump off the page. What a wonderful eye you have for color.
Valorie

Related Posts with Thumbnails